4.25.2011

Essential Preparation: Happy Mind!!

Everyday, there is a printed sheet given to all of the teachers that has announcements, schedule changes, etc. on it.  It is all in Korean, so usually someone explains all pertinent announcements to Dionne and then she comes and tells me.  Next Tuesday, all of the teachers are going out for lunch at a ritzy seafood buffet for a social outing.  To announce / remind everyone of the outing, the following invitation appeared in today's announcements:

When: 3rd May (Tuesday) 1:00 - 3:00
Who: Every Teacher (We have 34 RESERVATION!!)
Where: In Bungdang Jungga-dong (another town about 15 minutes away)
            Todai (International Cuisine and Sushi Buffet Restaurant)
Special Event: Gift and pleasant lunch time ... etc...
Essential Preparation: Happy Mind!!

I have no idea why this announcement was in English, but it made my day...  You best believe I'll prepare a happy mind for a pleasant lunch time!

On a side note, I had a completely delightful, leisurely weekend spent doing some light shopping and heavy people watching from a cafe in a college neighborhood.  To cap off a great Saturday, I got to talk to many members of my extended family at the respective Easter gatherings.  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute and I feel recharged to get through the next three months until I come home for a visit.  Hooray for Skype and the awesome people I am blessed to call family!

No comments:

Post a Comment