3.16.2012

B&KiK: A Palace and a Butt-Ton of Fish


The next two days were pretty self-explanatory...

On Monday, we visited Gyeongbuk Palace.  It is one of my favorite parts of Seoul and I thoroughly enjoyed showing my parents a more historical aspect after the previous day's more modern experience.  We walked around the palace grounds and the adjoining museum for a couple of hours.  When we felt that we'd seen all we cared to see, we retired to my favorite cafe in the city for some bread and warm drinks.  This cafe is right on a historic stream, the Cheonggyecheon, so we spent the last part of the day taking pictures near the stream.  Overall, a delightful, peace sign filled day.

The next day, we had plans for a seafood dinner with the Husteds, and what better way to start such a dinner than by purchasing the seafood from the largest wholesale market in the city?  Am I right?  We met Dionne and Scott at the seafood section of the market, and in the meantime, explored the produce portion.  I love love love markets, so this was a bit of a treat for me :)  Inside the market, people were baffled to see five white people roaming a wholesale market.  At one point, my mom and I were stopped, looking at a picture I had taken.  A woman came over and very animatedly expressed her interest in how similar she thought we looked.  Ohh Korea.  After we bought all the seafood we could handle (smoked salmon, prawns, oysters on the half shell and clams for some chowder), we piled into the Husted-mobile and journeyed back to the Gwangj.  We enjoyed a delicious seafood feast that night, and later took Scott's soju tour of various honey tea inspired concocted liqueurs.  A good night was had by all :)

Next up: Jeju.  Ohhhh boy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment