10.28.2012

Fa-a-all


Fall is by far my favorite season.  Scarves, tea, carrot soup, the welcome chill in the air after months of perpetual sweating (too far?), and THE COLORS.  I love the colors.  Like, whoa.

I love how unexpected it all is.  The uncertainty of when Fall descends on Korea can be frustrating, confusing to get dressed in the morning, but oh so beautiful and so, so quick.  You really have to cherish it when it arrives because it's not staying long.

The colors really popped on Friday and I spent my short walk home in the early afternoon (2:00 - thank you club activity / field trip Friday!) taking photo after photo on our ginko-lined street.  Walking up a mountain to work everyday is kind of a treat - my calves think so too - especially (or maybe only?) during the Spring and Fall when everything is lush and colorful and beautiful.  And with the sun shining just so, well, my rambling tells you that I really enjoy it.

I made pumpkin muffins when I got home (from this recipe, though I didn't include all of the ingredients (no raisins or evaporated milk and I had to use weird flour (half corn bread mix, half whole wheat flour) because I couldn't be bothered to walk to E-Mart!), and they turned out just beautifully), put on some comfy lounge clothes to enjoy a little pre-weekend relaxation before my (now weekly :) !!) Friday night date (more on this new phenomenon later - promise!) and cuddled up with some spiced cider and a muffin.

Yayyyyyy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment