5.31.2011

Snot Factory

Hope that title isn't too graphic for you, but it aptly describes my current state of being.  I've contracted a vicious cold, but I think I'm on the road to recovery.  Several cute scenarios have presented themselves as a result of my sickness, though, so in the name of cute English interactions with Koreans, this cold has been solid gold.

This morning, the head teacher of the Research and Development Department asked how my cold was doing.  I told her I was feeling better, but wasn't 100% yet.  The Vice Principal asked her what we were talking about and then said, "Noelle Teacher.  How your cold coming?"  We've had several interactions lately.  He's so cute!  After lunch, and after blowing my nose almost continuously for my entire free period prior to lunch, he said, "Noelle Teacher.  Cold better?"  So concerned.  Love it.  MiYoung Teacher also just came to my desk to check on me.  She's so sweet. 

Chan Yang asked me how I was doing during Morning English and I answered that I was sick.  On the way to lunch, four students said, "I'm sorry to hear you are sick Noelle Teacher.  Have a nice lunchEE!"  One had a very concerned look on her face and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.  After lunch, I was talking to some girls and they said, "Teacher.  You have cold."  I said, "Yes, but I'm getting better."  One girl then shouted the Korean go-to encouragement for every situation: "FIGHTING!" with a fist pump.

On a separate and completely unrelated note, yesterday I was shocked.  I was wearing a pretty conservative sweetheart neckline dress that didn't (in my American opinion) show much (if any) chest.  It was certainly more modest than other things I have worn to school...  All day I got compliments on the dress.  Even the Vice Principal told me he liked it (Oh Noelle TeachA.  Dress. Good.)  As I was leaving school, a group of second graders came up to me.  One girl put her hand ON my chest and, shaking her head, said, "Oh Teacher.  Too much."  Yikes.  I'm usually pretty conscious of wearing modest clothes, but I guess not conscious enough...  Today I wore a crew neck shirt and a scarf, just to be sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment